Thursday, August 27, 2009

Making the Cut -- Day #25

Day 25 already! The time is just flying by.
This week I was on the road again for work, and once again I had to improvise on some of my meals. I probably wasn't as good as I was last week on the road when selecting foods. One, because I went to dinner with a bunch of co-workers at TGI Friday's - I don't think there is anything healthy there! I was able to get a Asian Salad that wasn't too bad; however I am sure the sodium was higher than what I would have liked.
I did try my best with the options I had available. It's just a fact of life that eating while traveling is not that easy.

On a really good note...I have had a pair of pants that Trent bought for me Christmas 2007. I have never been able to wear these pants! I can get them on, but they were too tight in the waist to be comfortable and they did that unattractive "whiskers" thing on the front. (because they were too tight) After noticing how my body has changed and become more tone on my bottom half I decided last night to pull them out of the closet and try them on. For the very first time, I was able to put on these pants AND they were actually loose in the waist.

It was such an awesome feeling to put on pants that are 2 years old (with the tags still attached) and have them fit! I think that out of this whole program, that was worth it all! All the gross food and sore muscles can't compare to the feeling you get when you feel good in your clothes. It's amazing how feeling good about yourself, can make a difference in your day. On the flip side, I think about people who have horrible self esteem, or who are never happy with their body image; how sad it must be to live with that burden and never truly just be in a state of happiness because you are alive and you have been given the gift of a body (even with all of it's quirks and imperfections).

On another good note - while traveling for work, I saw a co-worker who I haven't seen in about 14 months. It was so awesome to hear her say "You've lost weight! How much weight have you lost?" Once again those simple words make all of the hard work worth it -100%.

Only 5 more days to go.

I am definitly seeing a change in my body.

1 comments:

Trudy Mickelle Stanton said...

Nichole, you nailed it on the head by using the work "alive" I didn't know I had become so unsociable and comfortable with just staying at home and not getting out there. Until I lost the load of weight I just did, I've even had to be careful because I feel so "alive" that I catch myself innocently flirting. It is such a great happiness to feel great about yourself. That's the best reward of all! Good for you and I'm proud of you!