Friday, August 7, 2009

Making The Cut - Day #5

I made it through my first week of workouts! Now I get tomorrow and Sunday off - my legs are so happy!

The first workout was good. I was a little slow on moving from one activity to the next simply because this was all new for me and some of the moves I have never done before. Day two was tough! My legs were incredibly sore from Day 1 and to top it off, lunges and squats were both on the list. All I can say is ouch!
Wednesday was a rest day. I kind of missed going to the gym - weird I know. However I definitely know why it is a rest day. My thighs were still talking to me.
Yesterday's workout felt great. My legs were a little sore when I did the squats, but I really stretched after and that seemed to make a difference. Today was a great workout! I have done almost all the moves already so I was able to keep the pace when going from one circuit to the next.

I am sure I have made some people at the gym wonder what on earth I am doing. I am running around from weights, to circuit to treadmill for 45 mins. Definitely not the normal work out routine.

The food has improved as the week has gone on. We had fish on Wednesday that was good. Then yesterday for dinner we had lamb. I really enjoyed the lamb. It was so tender. The side dish was baked eggplant which I have never had before. It has an odd texture, but no real flavor by its self. I liked the lunch today and actually enjoyed eating it. Tonight was good as well, Apricot Chicken and Spaghetti Squash.

Overall things are going well. I haven't really been craving anything sweet - I thought that would be a struggle for me. The lunches have been so-so, the dinners are improving, but the workouts I actually love!

Only 25 days to go...

1 comments:

T. Meyer said...

I was so excited to see you had updated your blog. You will have to keep up to date with the book and your progress. I have heard it is good, but you have to be dedicated to follow it. Thanks for the update!