Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Making The Cut - Day #2

I found out from some friends at work about the Jillian Michael's program called Making The Cut. I purchased the book in July , and have read it cover to cover and decided August is the month to do this. I decided that during this time I will make some journal positing so 1) I can see where I have been and where I am going and 2) so I make sure I am held accountable by those people who see this blog.

Today is day number two of 30 and I am feeling yesterday's work out!
So far the food has been a little difficult for me. Lots of "new" foods for me as well as a total shock to my tastebuds. (although, fennel smells amazing! I have never had fennel until today - smells amazing, like licorice. The taste is fine.)
The work outs have been amazing though! I really actually enjoyed my work out yesterday and felt really good after, although the lactic acid in my legs and arms is definitly talking to me!
Today's workout was a little more difficult simply due to my legs aching and burning from yesterday, but I still had a good time.

As far as weight goes, I am hoping for 10 lbs in total after the 30 days is over. As of today the scale showed I had lost 2 lbs - not too sure if I am really buying that as "weight loss" yet.

Regardless it is good to have these little "projects" for yourself to keep your body challenged as well as to remind yourself that you are capeable of more than we give ourselves credit for. Besides, my saying in life is: "If you aren't uncomfortable, then you aren't doing it right". We need to get a little uncomfortable in life if we are ever going to make changes and progress.

Here's to day three...

1 comments:

Trudy Mickelle Stanton said...

Go Nichole Go! I'll will certainly be keeping tabs on you. It will keep me motivated too!