Monday, August 10, 2009

Making The Cut - Day #8

Well I just finished with my workout for Day #8.

Today has definitely been my worst workout day so far. All I can say is ugh. My legs are still sore in some parts - the parts that are getting more muscle -so some of today's exercises were really difficult. Also, today was a hard work out day because there was so much upper body. I seriously have no upper body strength! Today the first thing I had to do was 20 scorpion push ups - I can't even do that many regular push ups, none the less, scorpion push ups. (*scorpion push up is when you lift your right leg up and back towards your left shoulder as you move in the down part of the push up - yeah...not easy)

I am still having a bit of a rough time with the food. It really isn't appealing to me, so I don't want to eat it all, nevermind have seconds. Plus, I think because I don't really want to eat the food in the meal plans, I am not getting my required calories of 1513. (which is probably putting my body into a bit of starvation mode, thus not good for loosing weight) I need to get on top of this part or else my workouts won't be as beneficial.

I am noticing major muscle growth in my legs! I am getting very strong muscle on the sides of my legs and even up higher in to my hips. (thank you squats, & lunges)

Overall today is probably my least motivated day. I guess that is to be expected though. The newness has worn off and honestly - I can't stop thinking about The Cheesecake Factory's Chipotle Chicken Pasta or a Cafe Rio Salad. Not good to be thinking "once I am done, I am going to drive to Vegas or fly to SLC and eat at The Cheesecake Factory "

Oh well. This is part of the program. You have to get over these mental hurdles - it makes you stronger. Besides, the next time I do go to Cafe Rio or the Cheesecake Factory, I am going to savor my meal that much more!

Here is to day #9!

0 comments: