Sunday, August 16, 2009

Making The Cut - Day #14

Today is Day #14 and I am on the road for work. I am thinking this is going to make this 30 day challenge even more of a challenge for me!
So far, I have had to overcome two hurdles as far as food goes 1.) Airport food 2.) Hotel food.
Have you ever tried to eat healthy while in an Airport? It really is not easy. Luckily as I passed down the temptation for Cinnabon, Pretzel Time, or Ruby's Diner in the Las Vegas Airport, I remembered that Starbucks sells of all things...oatmeal --- along side their 900 calorie muffins and cookies. So there I sat waiting for my flight, eating my oatmeal at 4:00 in the afternoon. First hurdle overcome!

Now for the second hurdle - Hotel food.
I didn't have many options when it came to getting some dinner. I'm kind of in no-mans-land as far as a grocery store goes. So I opted for the hotel bar/restaurant. I reviewed the menu to see what possibilities I had. Luckily I found a meal with steak medialtions, chicken and veggies - No problem right? Turns out the food wasn't too bad, however the meat and veggies came together on one footed plate and in the bottom the veggies were swimming in oils and juices. So, I ate as much meat as possible - however I tried to avoid things that were submerged in the lake of the unknown.

Tomorrow will definitly pose more hurdles like this for me. All day meetings, and a hotel "gym" with a total of three cardio machines. I will do my best to improvise - a phone book probably weighs 3 lbs, lift that enough times and you will feel the burn.

Overall as far as my progress goes, the scale isn't moving in a downward fashion as much as I would like - especially if I am going to loose a total of 10lbs by Sept 1. However, I am definitly noticing a difference in the way my close are fitting as well as my swim suit. Infact, Trent and I went to a birhtday pool party last night and I did notice my suit fit a little better.

The food still sucks - yes sucks - as far as I am concerned. But I am sticking to it and doing my best. This is turning out to be a great mental overhaul. I am thinking about food and my workouts in a whole different way.

Well, here is to Daty #15 - while on the road.

1 comments:

T. Meyer said...

I am rooting for you. I am very impressed with your willpower and dedication! Keep up the good work!