Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bryce Canyon 5K





On July 18th was the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon and 5k. I had wanted to do this run since about December because I had heard about how fun it was from people who ran last year. Trent & I decided we would go camping this same weekend at Ruby's Inn and have a little getaway.

We then decided to invite his family since his parents, Troy & Pam and Todd all like to camp.

It was such a great time! Pam & Mary ran the half marathon and actually started at the entrance to Ruby's Inn. Since the 5k started at the end of the half marathon, we had to be past the start line by 5:45am. It was an early morning - but so worth it.

Trent drove David and myself to Cannonville where we were to start. Our race started at 6:30. It was in the 60's when we started - perfect running temperatures. The run was so fun! It was neat to be running in such a rual but beautifull place. To top it off during the first mile and a half we got to watch the sun rise. SO BEAUTIFUL.

In total, I ran it in 33:50 and took 5th in my age group (25-29) Not too bad! David ran it in 33:53 and took first in his age group! Very cool. (he was saying he took first because all of the other guys had heartattacks - NOT!)

After we finished, we waited for Pam & Mary to come in. Pam ran her half in about 1:55 and Mary was about 2:15.


It is definitly something that I would love to do again next year - only this time I think I will go for the half marathon (yikes)





0 comments: