Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Making the Cut - Day #30

Well the day finally arrived! I survived a total of 30 days on the Jillian Michaels Making The Cut program. All I can say is that I am so proud to know that I accomplished this and it was so worth it. (I acknowledge some days were hard and mentally tough but that's part of the journey)
I took my measurements and photo last night and it was really amazing to see the changes - especially on the measurements.

In total I lost:

  • 1 inch around my bust (normally females would be upset about losing from that region, but I am ok with it)
  • 1/2 inch around my waist
  • 1 inch off my hips
  • 1 inch off each thigh
  • 1 inch off my left arm
  • 0 inches off my right arm (I am thinking because it's my dominant arm)
I didn't loose the 10 - 20 lbs that is indicated in the book, however I know for sure that I have gained muscle mass as well as strength. Honestly, I think I'd prefer that over a specific number anyway. There is something to be said for being strong and lean, rather than just lean.

I would really recommend this program to anyone who is ready to get a little uncomfortable, ready to get a little crazy, ready to make something happen and ready to start realizing what potential your body has. It has been such a great mental transformation for me. I now realize that my body is willing and able to do the work, it just requires me turning of my brain and listening to my body.

So now that day 30 has come and gone and day 31 is here, I am planning on keeping my body strong through strength and cardio training. The biggest hurdle is going to be me keeping my brain in check when it starts to whisper: "you can eat that cookie, you worked out today" or "you can have that soda, you'll burn off the calories at the gym". No way Jose! I worked really hard for this and I'm not going to let anything undo what I've done.

Here's to many more 30 days!



0 comments: